![]() |
| istock.com |
Emesia, Ife di oku ga aju oyi.
Nwayo ka eji alacha ofe di oku.
Aku fesia odalu awo.
I have come to believe these sayings. I own them now like personal property. Yes, this wisdom concerning patience and the need to persevere in difficult times.
I remember those years so far gone that they seemed like many centuries past. Years that bore sad times, very dark times; days with heartbreaking memories.
There had really been no future to hope on, everything had been pitch black, coated with soothes of wretchedness. How did he come to this? To what he is now?
Sometimes, all it takes is a tiny little act of believing here, and a step of faith there, he heaved with a smile.
"Mister, you seem pretty relaxed for a first time flyer, could never be me in a million years" he snapped out of his thought then and glanced at a fiftyish woman sitting beside him. "Oh Ma'am, I think I'm probably too excited to care about all else" he smiled at her, his eyes glistening. He quickly reached into his carry-on for a book
"Here, you can take your mind off flying with this" he handed her the book.
"Only Believe" the woman said squinting at the title, "must be interesting, thank you son" she added, matching his smile.
"You bet it is, and you're welcome" he replied, easing himself more comfortably onto the cozy plane seat.
It was still a wonder to him how he rose above all the misery that had been his life, to where he was now. "There had to be a God up there" he whispered to himself looking out the window at the place he called home. He would be back.

Comments
Post a Comment